Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How can I change default date formats in excel?

I would like to change the way that excel normally enters dates into a cell. For instance, when I type 1/11, (as in January 11th) excel automatically changes it to Jan-11. I want it to keep it as 1/11. I know I can simply change the format, but I do not want to have to do this every time.How can I change default date formats in excel?
Yes Candice is right



but you can format your cells in custom formats also



select format cells....

from number tab select custom

now in text box try the followings



for date formatting



d (for day in single digit like 1-9. if date is bigger then 9 then it will appear in 2 digits)



dd (for day in tow digits like 1-9 will be showed 01,02,03)



ddd (for day to be showed in weekday format like Mon, Tue)

ddd (for day to be showed in large weekday format like Monday, Tuesday)



m (for month in single digit like 1-9. if month is bigger then 9 then it will appear in 2 digits)



mm (for month in two digits like 1-9 will be showed 01,02,03)



mmm (for month to be showed in monthname format like Jan, Feb)

mmmm (for month to be showed in large monthname format like january, february)



y for single and double digit of year and yy for four digit of year



try using ';hh, mm, ss'; for time formattingHow can I change default date formats in excel?
put the cursor on the cell/cells you wish to format,



go to 'format' on your tool bar, select 'cells',



the format cells box will pop up. under 'category' select 'date'



this will show you all the 'date' options in the box on the right.



now you can choose the date format you want and click ok.





Hope this helps!
  • natural hair
  • How do you make a quilt
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment