Monday, November 22, 2010

MS Office Word 2003, XP - how to change default printing settings?

Every time I go to print something, I have to change the default printer to my home printer and change the ink settings to ';black'; and ';draft.'; If I hit draft first, then hit the black, the button moves from ';draft'; back to ';normal,'; so I have to set it again. It's the most annoying thing ever. How do I permanently change the default settings for printing?MS Office Word 2003, XP - how to change default printing settings?
I can't help with the rest, but to set the default printer, go:



Start%26gt;Printers and Faxes%26gt;Right click on desired printer%26gt;Set as Default Printer.



I think you may be able to select properties from the same list and change the printing preferences too. Have a look into it.



Hope that helps!



-James =)MS Office Word 2003, XP - how to change default printing settings?
Go to Control Panel and look for the Printer there. Configure the Printer preferences there and this will apply as default across all programs.



What is good about this method is that, now within Word, when you change it, these changes are only for that session and do not become permanent.
For printer settings to be permanent, you have to make the changes within the printer directory (in Controls Panel).



If you make changes when you are printing in Word, or other documents, its only temporary and will always revert back once the application is closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment