Sunday, November 21, 2010

How to change default camera/DVD program?

When I connect my camera or insert a DVD into my Windows XP, the default program that starts up is ';My DVD.'; Before, a list would pop up with options for what to do with it, and there was an option to always use the program you chose. I think My DVD was set as the default option, and I don't know how to change it to something else. How do I change it?How to change default camera/DVD program?
1) Put the DVD in the drive you usually play from. If My DVD starts playing it, just close that program again.

2) Go to Start %26gt; My Computer and right-click the icon of the drive you put the disc in. (It should show the title of the movie in some abbreviated way.)

3) From the drop-down menu, click ';Properties';.

4) In the Properties window, click the ';AutoPlay'; Tab.



From here it just depends on what you want to do.

* If you want the pop-up list again, click ';Prompt me each time to choose an action';.

* If you want to choose an option for the computer to perform every time, like a different playback program or ';take no action';, click ';Select an action to perform'; and then choose which action you want it to take.



After that, click ';Apply'; to save your changes and ';OK'; to close the window and put your settings into play. If you chose the pop-up list option again, remember to make sure that you don't check off the ';Always do the selected action'; option at the bottom of the pop-up list, or you'll have to do this all over again. Hope this answers your question. Have a nice day!



Edit: About your camera, just click the camera icon in the My Computer window and do the same steps from #3 on down.

No comments:

Post a Comment